Prep time : 10 Minutes
Cook Time : 45 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 2 large roasted red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 6 hot cherry peppers, chopped and deseeded
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooking sherry or white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 cup pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the garlic and chicken. Sauté the chicken until it is just browned on the outside but not cooked through.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers and hot cherry peppers, and sauté for a minute. Add in the crushed tomatoes and sherry or wine. Add in the water and pasta and bring to a low boil. (If there isn't enough liquid, add a bit more water.) Continue to cook, stirring often, until the pasta has cooked to al dente, about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and add in the butter, basil, and salt. When the butter completely melts into the pasta, add in the cream and cheese. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with additional cheese, basil, and red pepper flakes if you really like a lot of heat!
- Serve warm.
Note : For this recipe, I used jarred hot cherry peppers. If using fresh, add the hot cherry peppers to taste, as they vary much more in their heat levels.
Last Edited on: 05/27/2015 at 05:18 PM